Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Reason for the Blog

Okay so here goes. I keep being told that I need to get a blog I suppose since I seem to be good at useless rants. So I have now created one. I called it "Allen All In" because I also want this to be a journey to my commitment to personal growth, debt, and time freedom. Robert Fason says, "You'll find me on top of the mountain or dead on the side, but I'm not turning back." I love that definition of commitment. Here is a man who was a broke dairy farmer, no vacations, no breaks, and because of his drive and determination decides he's not going to stay that way. Changes his vehicle and heads down a road that now let's him enjoy he and Donna's seven figure income and the time freedom that goes with it. Zig Zigler says money isn't everything but it ranks right up there next to oxygen. Robert also says that no one wants a million dollars and if you tell yourself that you do you are lying to yourself. What you really want is what the money can do for you. So...to kick things off let me tell you that Ashley and I are heading to the top of the mountain, not because of the money but for what the money can do. It's our burning desire to spend our days together with our kids while they are still "ours". I don't buy into the 40/40/40 plan. Work for 40 years, 40 hours a week and then retire on 40% of what my check was the week before all the while building someone else's business, IF there is retirement then. No, I am a firm believer that I am the one who controls my future and if things are going to change I have to change. I want you to start dreaming...what if money were no option what would you do? They say money doesn't change people it only makes them more of what they already are. I believe it. So, to conclude my first blog understand this, it's not the money I'm chasing it's the ability to do things with and for my family that I had at one time stopped dreaming possible. I know the plans the Lord has for me, plans to succeed and prosper not to fail. I look forward to this spot to just rant and have fun...expect the unexpected while following this craziness!

1 comment: